Monday, February 22, 2010

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

White Chocolate Chip Cookies


I L-O-V-E white chocolate. And I'm always looking for a way to incorporate white chocolate where ever I can in a recipe. My husband is a huge milk chocolate fan so we often go with the traditional chocolate chip cookie. However, recently I came across this recipe that calls for white chocolate chips and I decided to try them out. Not only did I love them but my husband ate nearly half the batch by himself. The only warning I would give out to those who are cookie lover's as much as we is....be careful they are addicting. If you are trying to lose a few extra pounds before the Spring/Summer season begins it would not be a good idea to bake a batch and leave them sitting on the kitchen counter. You'll not be able to just have one. Perfect for entertaining, parties, and gifts. I hope y'all take the opportunity to try the recipe. They are delicious and you won't be disappointed. I'm thinking of baking a batch for Easter this year.

1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
2/3 c. Hershy's cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 pkg. vanilla chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in nuts and white chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Cool on wire rack. Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

Also, I wanted to thank Libby over at http://cookingwithlibby.blogspot.com/ for giving me an award. She has all sorts of fantastic recipes. If y'all like some Southern Cooking I suggest stopping by her blog. Thanks Libby!

Upon receiving this award I'm suppose to post 7 interesting things about me. Considering this is a cooking blog I'll keep them food related.
1.) Remember in that movie MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING when the dad used Windex for everything. I'm that way about olive oil. I use it practically in every dish. I also use it for other things besides cooking. I'm so addicted to olive oil that I carry a small glass jar with me in my purse.
2.) I love Milka. Milka is probably my greatest weakness when it comes to all brands of chocolate. My favorite is the white chocolate.
3.) My husband and I love granola bars. I have found a sweet and salty mixed nut bar that's dipped in a chocolate coating. It's so good. It's by Cascadian Farm. I never leave home without slipping a bar into my purse to help me in those emergency situations when you find yourself starving. Here's the link http://www.cascadianfarm.com/products/product_detail.aspx?cat=21&upc=0-21908-40774-6
4.) About two years ago I switched out my cooking oil and began using Coconut oil. Coconut oil has a lot of health benefits and gives a yummy flavor to bland foods. I use a virgin Coconut oil from Wholefoods. A tiny tsp. can go a long way.
5.) I went cold turkey and stopped drinking soft drinks all together. Instead I drink Canada Dry Green Tea. Oh my goodness is it delish! I feel better and even dropped a few pounds since I've stopped drinking soda. I haven't craved a soda in months. I even made a Green Tea float with vanilla ice cream. It's really good and will taste even better this summer. http://canadadry.com/#/products/greenTeaGingerAle

1 comment:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Congratulations on your award. I like your white chocolate chip cookies.

Libby has good taste in people so you must be a terrific person.