Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sweet Potato Praline Casserole

Sweet Potato Praline Casserole
I listed my holiday menu on my retro blog http://sweetpralinemadness.blogspot.com/ and Sweet Potato Praline Casserole is always one of our favorites during the holiday. I told Libby I would post my recipe on my cooking blog for her. If y'all are looking for something to bake for Christmas dinner....this is awesome.
Ingredients
3 c. mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
For Topping
1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 c. chopped pecans
1/3 c. butter; melted
Directions
1.) In large mixing bowl, mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla.
2.) Pour into a 9-inch square greased baking dish.
3.) Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over potato mixture.
4.) Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
* Can be doubled and baked in a 9x13 baking dish.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Yum... this sounds like the recipe my mom and Grandma use at Thanksgiving. LOVE it!

Libby said...

Ohhhh...my goodness...I actually have this same recipe! Except we call it Sweet Potato Casserole :) The only difference is mine has a few more ingredients then yours. How awesome!!! It definitely is a great dish to make during the holidays :)

Sweet and Savory said...

I love this. The topping makes it special.